21 Apr Refund and Credit Policy of the Nepean Skating Club
All refund and credit requests must be made in writing to the Nepean Skating Club (NSC) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to:
Nepean Skating Club 5-1701 Woodroffe Ave. Nepean, ON K2G 1W2
All requests must include the skater’s name, the program or activity they are registered for and the reason for the request.
As a general rule, any request granted under this policy will be in the form of a credit to the skater’s account unless a compelling case for a refund is demonstrated.
Consideration of the request is dependent on the program for which the skater is registered.
1. CanSkate, CanPower, StarSkate, Pre-Competitive and Competitive Programs (excluding the Learn to Compete Program)
- A full refund or credit (less administrative and other fees) will be considered if the request is received 14 days or more prior to the start of the program.
- A pro-rated refund or credit (less administrative and other fees) will be considered under the following circumstances for requests made less than 14 days prior to the start of the season or throughout the term of the skating program:
For medical reasons (supported by a medical certificate); or
For extraordinary circumstances beyond the skaters’ control.
- For CanSkate and CanPower only, a pro-rated refund or credit (less administrative and other fees) will be considered if the withdrawal request is received within the first two sessions of the program.
2. Learn to Compete Program
- Due to the significant discount skaters receive as part of the Learn to Compete Program, skaters requesting refunds or credits before the completion of the skating program will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Learn to Compete Program. Consideration of any resulting refund or credit will be calculated using standard NSC pricing subtracted from the Learn to Compete fees paid. This approach includes the following circumstances:
- For medical reasons (supported by a medical certificate); or
- For extraordinary circumstances beyond the skaters’ control.
Any request that does not fall within the parameters for any of the programs described above will not be considered.
In any case where a refund or credit is approved, an administrative fee of 10% will be applied against the refund or credit amount. In addition, any non-refundable fees (e.g. Skate Canada Membership Fee, etc.) will be excluded from any approved refund or credit amount.