27 Mar NEPEAN SKATING CLUB PROGRAM UPDATE
We have been advised from the City of Ottawa that the rinks will be closed until April 30. We will continue to assess the impact on planned spring and summer programs and will be updating members as we have more details to share.Registration is on hold until we have clarity on when recreational facilities will be re-opened.
We will take some time to assess the impact of this cancellation, especially on our planned spring and summer programs, and will continue to update you on next steps as decisions are taken.
Please continue to watch your emails for any additional updates.
We will be taking our cues from the City of Ottawa and Ottawa Public Health (OPH) in terms of assessing ongoing operations and we urge you all to familiarize yourself with authoritative sources of information and take common-sense precautions, including staying home if you or your children are sick.
To reduce the spread of germs including the flu and the novel coronavirus OPH recommends that you:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just cleaned your hands
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hand
- If possible, stay home if you are sick
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick
- It is still recommended to get your flu shot if you haven’t already as the flu virus is still circulating in the community
Ottawa Public Health continues to encourage people to connect with trusted sources for coronavirus information including the following websites:
- OttawaPublicHealth.ca/Coronavirus(link is external)
- Ontario.ca/Coronavirus(link is external)
- Canada.ca/Coronavirus(link is external)
Nepean Skating Club